Juho Kim is an Assistant Professor in the School of Computing at KAIST, and directs KIXLAB (the KAIST Interaction Lab). His research in human-computer interaction focuses on building interactive systems that support interaction at scale: crowdsourcing and human computation, online education and learning at scale, civic engagement and collective action, and interactive data analytics and mining. He creates interactive and collaborative technology that empowers conventionally passive populations -- students receiving instruction and citizens influenced by social issues -- to be active and self-directed participants who initiate deeper learning and collective action. He often takes an interdisciplinary approach to his research, by connecting computer science with learning sciences and social sciences, and aims to deploy interactive systems to real users.
He earned his Ph.D. from MIT, M.S. from Stanford University, and B.S. from Seoul National University. In 2015-2016, he was a Visiting Assistant Professor and a Brown Fellow at Stanford University. He is a recipient of eight paper awards from ACM CHI, ACM Learning at Scale, and AAAI HCOMP, and the Samsung Fellowship.
If you're interested in working with me at KAIST, please email me.
Blog (in Korean)
N1 Room 605, KAIST
291 Daehak-ro, Yuseong-gu
Daejeon, Korea 34141
- Dec 12 2017 7 papers to CHI 2018 and 1 paper to IUI 2018 have been conditionally accepted!
- Nov 3 2017 I'm looking for undergrad research interns for the winter.
- Nov 3 2017 Giving an intro to HCI seminar to the public as part of Open KAIST.
- Oct 19 2017 The KAIST Herald featured our Rally system, a data-driven petition platform.
- Aug 8 2017 Korero: Facilitating Complex Referencing of Visual Materials in Asynchronous Discussion Interface gets conditionally accepted to CSCW 2018.
- Aug 8 2017 Korean media ET News (전자신문) had coverage on SCAN, our intelligent smartphone notification management service for supporting social interaction.
- Program Committee: CHI 2018, CSCW 2017-2018, UIST 2017, Learning at Scale 2015-2017, CHI 2015 WIP
- Doctoral Symposium Co-Chair: HCI Korea 2018
- Demo Co-Chair: UIST 2017-2018
- Poster Co-Chair: UIST 2015-2016
- Vice Chair, SIGCHI Korea Chapter
- Workshop Organizer: Crowdsourcing Law and Policy (CSCW 2017), Connecting Collaborative & Crowd Work with Online Education (CSCW 2015), CrowdCamp (HCOMP 2013-2014)
- Webmaster: CHI 2015
- Scheduling + Communitysourcing: CHI 2013-2015, CSCW 2014-2015
- Assistant professor in the School of Computing at KAIST
- Visiting assistant professor of Computer Science and Brown Fellow at Stanford University, working in the Brown Institute and the HCI Group
- Ph.D. in EECS from MIT. Worked in the UID Group @ CSAIL
- Research intern at Microsoft Research
- Research intern at edX Learning Sciences
- Research intern at Abobe's Creative Technologies Lab
- Research intern @ USER Group at the IBM Almaden Research Center
- M.S. in Computer Science from Stanford University. Worked in the HCI Group
- Product manager / embedded software engineer at SystemBase in Seoul, Korea
- B.S. in Computer Science and Engineering from Seoul National University